Thursday, July 9, 2009

Choices

Since having to be soy-free, I've been much more observant of people's food choices. When I'm out at restaurants, often my only choice is a salad with no croutons and no dressing. I'll ask for lemon wedges or orange wedges for "dressing". What I find interesting is that I really don't want to eat this and no one around me will order like this either.

This spring, we were at the zoo with my sister-in-law, her boyfriend, and his son. They exercise a ton and are really conscious of eating healthy - more so than I am. However, when we went to the food court to get lunch, I had to get a salad with no dressing and a fruit cup. Those were my only soy-free options. Everyone else got cheeseburgers and fries or hot dogs and fries. I really miss fries! Anyways, my point is that given the choice, we will pick the cheeseburger and fries.

1 comment: